How to View Someone’s Username History on Instagram
With this simple trick, you will be able to discover all the usernames that have been used in an Instagram profile.
Instagram is a social network where you can find content for all tastes, thanks to its ever-widening network of users around the world. Because of this, it is normal for many people to change their username with some frequency so that they can or cannot be found easily.
But what if you want to know the history of an old username that someone has used on Instagram? Well, you should know that the platform offers a way to find out, and here we tell you everything. So we recommend that you continue reading until the end to understand Instagram old username history.
Be very careful with the changes of users of some accounts on Instagram
Instagram has many users and businesses on its platform, but like any other social media app, you can’t always be sure if the person on the other end is honest or a legitimate business. And one way to detect a fake Instagram account is by checking if it has recently changed its username.
If a business account regularly changes usernames, there is a high probability that it is not legitimate, so you should be very careful. But how do you find the old usernames of an account on Instagram? This is something you will find out later.
Why do some people change their usernames on Instagram accounts?
There are two main reasons why people or companies decide to change the usernames in their profiles on the main social networks, including Instagram. One reason to change the username of an account is to make it easier to remember, use, find, and avoid confusion with other similar names.
The other reason is for malicious motives: making it difficult for scam victims to find the account in the future. As an Instagram user, you can’t know what motive might be behind each username change, but it is always useful to check if an account has a suspicious amount of changes.
How to Check the History of Old Username
Instagram offers an easy way to check if a specific account has recently changed its username. Now all you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Then go to the profile page of the account you want to verify.
- At the upper right of the screen, select the three-dot menu.
- In the pop-up window, select Information about this account from the available options.
- Now, click on Previous Usernames. On the next page, Instagram will show all the usernames that this account has used before.
- Depending on how often the account changes its username, you may have the opportunity to see multiple old names.
- Instagram will also show you the specific date a certain change was made.
- The only drawback is that you’ll only see recent usernames if you utilize this method. If your usernames haven’t changed for a long time, you won’t see anything on this page.
Remember that Instagram has been driving e-commerce lately and there are many companies that sell products and services through the platform. Additionally, influencers also sell their own merchandise on the app.
That is why it is important to know how to differentiate fake profiles from legitimate ones and this can be a good way to do it.
But if you feel that you are concerned about your privacy within the social network, you may be interested in knowing how to block and deactivate direct messages on Instagram.