You can also log out of all your devices to avoid having to go to the extreme of permanently deleting your account. Zoom has become one of the most used video calling apps around the world, and after the unexpected Covid-19 outbreak that hit the world, it has been one of the platforms that have gained even more popularity. And, is that with all closed universities, institutes, and companies resorting to videoconferencing tools like this has become the safest and most convenient option. In addition to having multiple functions that make it one of the best apps of its kind.
However, despite its usefulness in the midst of this situation, there are those who have decided to do without this service. Either because they have found another tool, or because they no longer agree with the privacy policies of the app. In any case, if you are one of them, we invite you to know what are the steps to permanently delete your Zoom account. So get to work.
Why delete a Zoom account?
There are a few reasons why a user might want to delete a Zoom account. As we mentioned at the beginning, sometimes people can find other video conferencing applications that better suit their needs.
Such is the example of Google Meet, a tool that has also gained great popularity recently thanks to a large number of functions and features it offers. Unlike Zoom, Google Meet supports video conferences of much longer than 40 minutes. Meanwhile, other users are concerned that Zoom may be selling their data to third-party companies. A recent controversy, but one that is becoming much more important for those who use this application.
How to permanently delete your Zoom account in a few steps
Deleting your Zoom account permanently is much easier than you think. Just by canceling your subscription to the platform, you can stop using it on all your devices. To unsubscribe from your Zoom account, all you have to do is complete the following steps:
- From your preferred browser, visit the Zoom website and log into your account.
- Go to the My Account section, in the upper right corner of the page.
- Next, click on the Account Management option, located in the Administrator category in the side panel.
- Then click on Account Profile.
- Then, click on the option Terminate my account.
- You will see a dialog box appear asking you to confirm your choice.
- Click Yes to complete the process.
- Once you have deleted your Zoom account, all you have to do is uninstall the Zoom app on all your devices.
- You can also log out of all your devices
If you think that deleting your Zoom account is going too far, you also have the possibility to simply stop using the service for some time. There is an easy way to zoom out of all your devices, and that is by logging out of all of them. You just have to do the following:
- Enter the platform’s website.
- Log into your Zoom account.
- Click on My Account.
- Go to the Administration section, located on the left of your screen.
- Click Account Management.
- Scroll down and select the option to Sign out of all devices.
- Remove the Zoom app from your devices.
Now that you have decided to delete your Zoom account, it is likely that you will have to start a new service, so you may be interested in knowing the finest Zoom alternatives for video conferencing.