USB or Pendrive memories are an extremely useful tool for storing digital information and being able to take them with you in a comfortable and practical way . Although it is being used less and less, the truth is that there are still thousands of people who prefer to use their pendrives. However, there are times when, for whatever reason, the information that has been stored in these memories is lost .
For this reason, it is necessary to find a way to recover deleted files from a pendrive and prevent the problem from happening again . And it does not matter if it has been a virus, an unintended formatting or any other cause, the truth is that there are alternatives to rescue those important files that you refuse to give up. You want to know more? Read on and try the different solutions shown here.
From command prompt
Using the command prompt in Windows 10, 8, and 7 is one of the easiest ways to try your luck and recover deleted files from a flash drive. The reasons are various; You do not need Internet, downloads and it is totally free. That said, here are the instructions to take into account:
- From the Windows menu, press the command ” Windows +R” (you can also go to the start bar and press Run ).
- Next, you will have to type ” CMD” and press the ” Enter ” key .
- The next step will be to enter this command: ATTRIB –H –R –S / S / D G: *. * (The letter G must be replaced by the letter of the USB drive of your interest).
- Once this is done, a mask will be created in the root of the Pendrive in which all the files will be deleted during the last session of use.
It is important to note that this method only works with recent files, so if you want to recover deleted files from your pendrive that disappeared a while ago, you will probably not be successful.
Restoring previous versions
Another method that you can try in case the first option has not paid off, is to apply a restoration of previous versions to your pendrive . This is quite simple and you can do it from Windows 10, 8 and 7 without major problems. To do this, these are the steps to follow:
- Right-click on the folder or location where the file you want to recover was located. In doing so, click Properties.
- Next, go to Previous Versions> File History or Restore Points .
- Here you will find the different versions to choose from to carry out your restoration. If these exist, select the one that interests you and wait for the process to be carried out automatically.
Using Disk Drill
In case none of the above mentioned options worked, then it is time to try specialized file recovery software . Although there are many, Disk Drill is reviewed below.
Disk Drill is a free software and one of the most reliable that you can find for this undertaking. Disk Drill is specially oriented to the management and recovery of files on USB removable memories . Using this tool is quite simple, so it will only be necessary to follow these steps:
- Download Disk Drill from the developer’s official website. You can do it by clicking here, or by going to the following URL: https://www.cleverfiles.com
- Once the program is installed, connect your pendrive to the PC and run Disk Drill.
- Once this is done, from the software menu, select the USB that you have placed in your PC.
- Now select the type of analysis you want, choose the first option from the list.
- Once the program completes the respective analyzes, you will see a list with all the files that you can recover.
- Select the ones that interest you and press Recover so that they are recovered and directed to the route of your interest.
PC Inspector File Recovery
Another more than attractive option of all those found on the net is PC Inspector File Recovery. This program is able to delve into the file history of a USB and find the key elements to be able to recover the files you need to bring back. PC Inspector File Recovery is a free application that you can download on Windows 10, 8 and 7 without any inconvenience.
Yes, the developers of Wonder share have released many useful applications to light, and among them is Recoverit, a file recovery software that is completely free , and that, in operation, is proposed as a more modern option, but just as efficient than DiskDrill or Recuva. The best thing about Recoverit is that you can restore files from a USB, SD memory, mobile phone or practically any storage device.
EaseUS Data Recovery
Nowadays, new valuable softwares have emerged that propose the possibility of finding solutions to problems that seem virtually impossible to solve. This is the case with EaseUS Data Recovery, which, in its free version, offers the possibility of restoring previously deleted files from a pendrive . In fact, this tool is so powerful that you will see the full potential it offers in a matter of minutes.