Free up storage space on your Android mobile with this fantastic Google tool.
Surely it has ever happened to you that you try to download a great new game or a very functional application and you do not have enough space to do it. This tends to happen much more frequently than you think, especially if you have a smartphone with little internal storage.
If this is your case, there is no reason to panic. If you’re not ready to buy a new phone, or your smartphone doesn’t have one of those handy microSD slots for additional storage, you can probably still get a decent amount of free space with the help of a tool. And, in this post we will tell you how to free up space on your Android mobile, using Google Files.
Free up Space on Your Android Smartphone With Google Files
If you don’t have a lot of storage space on your Android phone, it might be a continual battle to clear out old files and create ways for new ones, videos, and apps. Fortunately, the Google Files application has a very useful tool to facilitate this process.
This fantastic app comes pre-installed on some Android phones, but anyone can download it from the Google Play Store for free. One useful feature that sets Google Files apart from other file managers is its cleaning recommendations. The application is able to identify files that can be deleted from your phone to free up storage space.
How to Use Google Files to Clear up Space on Yyour Android
Now that you know what Google Files can do to help you free up space on your Android mobile, it’s time to put it into practice. So below we detail the steps you must follow:
- First of all, download and install the Google Files app on your Android phone or tablet.
- If you agree, click on the Continue option.
- To allow the application to access your files, click on the Allow option in the permissions pop-up window.
- After this step, you can start freeing up storage space. Just click on the Clean button at the bottom of the screen.
Now, at the top of the page, you will see how much storage space you are using. Below, Google will automatically suggest files that you can delete to free up storage space. Screenshots, duplicate files, and images that have previously been backed up to Google Photos are all common instances.
Here You Will find 3 Buttons With The Following Categories:
Confirm and release: Click here to open a pop-up window and clean immediately without checking the files first. Select and release: If you click here, you will go directly to the preview screen, where you can select the files you want to delete. Release: This action is specifically for Google Photos. Google will suggest deleting photos from your device that have been backed up. Click here to go to the Google Photos application, where you can choose to free up space.
- Now you will have to select the method you want to use to save space. In this case, we will use the Select and Release category as an example.
- You will see a list of files that Google suggests deleting. In the Duplicate Files category, the original files are indicated by a bookmark icon in the lower-left corner.
- Select all the files you want to delete and then click Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm your options one more time. Press Delete again to permanently delete the files.
- That’s all! You can repeat these same steps for any of the categories in the Clean tab. In addition, the application can also periodically recommend that you free up some space. So don’t wait any longer and free up the largest amount of storage space on your mobile thanks to Google Files.