Some applications still have certain limitations, but most as you read it! It is now possible to use the iPhone or iPad apps on the new Macs with an M1 processor. This means that if you have a Mac with Apple Silicon technology you can use your favorite mobile apps on it. And here we will explain all the steps you must follow to achieve it.
Macs with an M1 processor are the first to be based on the ARM architecture, which is the same architecture that powers Apple’s smartphones and tablets. And for the first time, we will be able to run iOS applications on a Mac in a more practical and secure way.
What applications can we download?
Most developers have updated their applications to be fully compatible with new Macs, so almost the entire App Store catalog can be run on Apple computers. But, as always happens in some adaptations, there are some apps that will work with certain limitations and possible errors.
Some of them are Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services that still do not work on full screen, luckily when an app does not have its optimized system it will appear in the App Store as Not verified with macOS. However, it is expected that these small inconveniences will be solved by the developers, so soon most of the apps should work in the correct way.
There are also some applications not present, Google and Facebook, for example, have already made it known that they will not bring iPhone or iPad applications to the Mac App Store (so nothing from Gmail, Google Maps, Instagram, or Facebook). Otherwise, the search and install experience are completely similar to that of normal Mac applications.
What will the iPad or iPhone apps look like?
IPad applications can run in full or split-screen mode like a normal application on a Mac. However, some features may be limited as many developers still need to optimize their applications for possible mouse and mouse interactions. keyboard.
On the other hand, iPhone applications will run in a small window that cannot be enlarged, and will only appear available in the App Store when there is no iPad version. Otherwise only the iPad version will be shown, but, let’s remember that we are only in the early stages, so the merger between Apple’s operating systems is only going to get better.
How to install the apps from the App Store?
To install the iPhone or iPad applications on your Mac, you will have to follow certain steps. Fortunately, it is quite simple, all you have to do is the following:
- Click on the Launchpad icon.
- Then click on the App Store icon
- Alternatively, you can use Spotlight by pressing Cmd + the space bar on the keyboard, typing App Store, and selecting the first entry.
- Now type the app’s name into the search field.
- If you don’t see the app, click Apps for iPhone or iPad.
- Then click the Download button.
- Once it has been installed, select the Open option to run the app.
Is this the only alternative to have the iPhone or iPad apps on a Mac?
The answer is _ No! Since, you can install the files in the format of all iPhone or iPad applications. As we have already mentioned, some developers have decided not to bring their applications to the Mac App Store. However, there is an alternative method to install any application on a Mac, using third-party applications, such as iMazing, and comply with the following steps:
- Connect your device to your Mac and run iMazing.
- Select the Apps option in the menu of your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, in the lower tab, select the option Manage applications.
- Click on the Library option.
- Download the applications you want to run on your Mac.
- Right-click on the newly downloaded application in iMazing and select Export IPA.
- After exporting the IPA file, just double-click it to install it like any other application on your Mac.
- This process works with most iPhone or iPad apps that are not yet available for Mac.
If you have a Mac, you will surely like to find out how to turn the sound on or off when you turn it on.