You can download an almost unlimited number of titles on the Disney Plus mobile app for offline viewing. Disney Plus has been very successful and responsive since its launch and has now become stiff competition for other streaming services like Netflix or HBO. This platform has a wide content catalog where you can find the best Disney classics, as well as all the content from the Marvel or Star Wars universe.
But what if you find yourself offline? You do not have to worry, since fortunately, the platform allows you to download its content so that you can see it when you are offline. And we’ll show you how to accomplish that in this post, so you won’t miss anything.
Download Disney Plus content to watch it offline
As the main content streaming service, Disney Plus offers download options that allow you to watch your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars content anytime you want, and without the requirement for a data or WiFi connection
All content downloads you make on Disney + will be saved in a folder found in the bottom menu of the application, where in addition to adding titles, you can delete them after viewing them. Regardless of the type of device you are using, the process to download series and movies is the same, however, the option to download content is only available in the Disney + application for iOS and Android.
How to Download a Disney Plus Movie
If you want to download a movie from the platform to watch it even while offline, all you have to do is complete the following steps:
- Access the Disney Plus application on your smartphone.
- Click on the Home tab to find the movie you want to download or click the magnifying glass icon to search for the movie within the content library.
- Select the movie you want to download.
- Press the download icon, located to the right of the Play and Add to Watchlist buttons.
- The arrow will change to an upload icon when the download begins.
- Once a title has been successfully downloaded, simply tap on the play button to start enjoying your movie offline.
How to Download Episodes of Your Favorite Series on Disney Plus
If series is your thing, then you are in the right place. And, you can also download the episodes of your favorite series just by completing the following steps:
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- From the home screen, locate the series you want to download or enter the name in the search bar of the platform.
- Now select the series you want to download to watch offline.
- To download a full season, go to the series page.
- Swipe up until you see the season number drop-down menu and hit the download button, located to your right.
- Select the Download season option in the pop-up window that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point, you can change the season you are downloading by going to the drop-down menu with the season numbers.
- Once all episodes are fully uploaded, go to the Download tab and select the season from the list of available downloads.
- To download a single episode, simply swipe up until the episode you want to download appears.
- Hit the download button to the far right of the episode title, and just below the preview of the episode.
- Click on an episode in the list available to start watching it.
Now that you know how to download the content of the platform to view it offline, you may also be interested in knowing how to set up a Disney + profile for children.