These are all the steps to connect your iPhone to any smart speaker from Amazon.
Amazon and Apple have never played well on the same computer, but in reality, this may be half true, as you can actually connect an Echo device directly to your iPhone.
Connecting both devices will allow you to play your favorite songs, shows, and movies from your phone while using the popular Echo smart speakers.
This may surprise you a bit, but this time we invite you to discover with us how you can connect, disconnect and control your Amazon Echo from an iPhone. So we recommend that you continue reading until the end.
How to connect Alexa to your iPhone
Surely you have already heard about Alexa, what it is and what it can do for you, but perhaps you still do not know how to connect it to your iPhone.
And, if you have an Apple smartphone, you can connect it to several Echo devices as long as you indicate the correct phrase, so you must make sure you are close enough to the Echo so that all the connections are made:
- Say “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth.”
- Now go to your iPhone and enter the Settings menu of the device.
- Once there, select the Bluetooth option.
- Now, select your Amazon Echo from the list of available devices.
- From now on, your Echo device will talk to you throughout the process and inform you when it has connected to your iPhone. Of course, you should make sure that your smart speaker is connected to a
- WiFi network before pairing it with your phone.
- Once you have the two devices connected, you can play any audio from your iPhone and it will play through the Echo just like any other Bluetooth speaker.
To prevent your phone from automatically syncing with your Echo every time it plays media, you will need to know how to disconnect or remove devices from Alexa.
How to disconnect an Amazon Echo from your iPhone
Disconnecting an Amazon Echo from your iPhone is quite simple and requires even fewer steps than connecting.
- Get close enough to the smart speaker with your phone so your commands can be followed.
- Then say “Alexa, turn off Bluetooth.”
- Wait for confirmation, and that’s it.
- You can also say other similar phrases like “Alexa, unplug my phone” and your Echo will stop playing audio from your smartphone immediately.
How to control playback
Even if you’re connected to an Echo device, all the main controls like play, pause, and skip audio will still work from your iPhone. The added feature is that you can now use the same controls but through the Echo device. Just tell Alexa to pause, play, or fast-forward a track and it will.
The only problem is when you want to play a specific song out of order or change the application you want to use. If you verbally tell your smart speaker to play a specific song, it will disconnect your iPhone and use the default music player.
So you will have to make these changes manually on your phone or use Siri, Apple’s built-in voice assistant, to help you complete the actions.
And this is just one of the many things you can do with Alexa, as Amazon’s popular virtual assistant has many more tricks up its sleeve that you can learn to get the most out of it.