This configuration allows you to see the prices in the native currency of the place where you are, so you will have to change your region first. Google Maps is the most widely used web map service in the world, and it is no secret to anyone that it offers a large number of functions, such as the ability to share your location with others, among other features that become the favorite of users. But a function that you may not yet know is the one that allows you to change the type of currency, to have a more precise idea of the prices that are handled in a certain region or country.
Whether you’re traveling, living abroad, looking for airfare, or just curious about hotel costs in other latitudes, changing the currency settings in the Google Maps app is a great feature. And best of all, it should only take a moment, and here we will show you step-by-step how to do it.
Why Change The Currency Type on Google Maps?
It is very likely that you still do not know this function of Google Maps since, despite its great utility, it is one of the least publicized features of the application. And, most of us know how to use the app without an Internet connection, even being in another country, or simply far from home, but what if you want to know the price of an item or service before visiting a place? The answer is very simple: Google Maps makes it possible.
This function will be particularly useful for you to know the cost of hotels, gas stations, restaurants, and other local businesses, depending on the geographical location where you are. Of course, we anticipate that to change the type of currency in Google Maps, you must also change your region. It may sound somewhat complex, but the truth is that it is simpler than you imagine, and fortunately, you can do this using any browser from your Mac or PC.
Change The type of Currency in Google Maps in a Few Steps
As we mentioned before, in order to use this feature of Google Maps, you will also have to change your region. However, all the steps are quite simple, and we will show them in detail below:
- Open the browser of your choice from a Mac or PC and log into your Google account.
- Once this is done, go to the Google Maps website.
- Now, click on the menu icon, identified by three horizontal lines that are located on the left side of the search bar.
- At the bottom of the menu, click on the Search Settings option.
- On the page that will open, scroll down until you reach the Region Settings section.
- Here you will find a list of countries. You can click the See More option to open the complete and much longer list with all available countries.
- Then, select the region in which you want Google Maps to use the currency, by clicking on the bubble next to it.
- To finish, select the Save option at the bottom of the page.
- This should change the settings for your entire Google account, meaning that it will also affect the Google Maps mobile app
- accordingly, so you can now see prices in the currency of the selected region.
When you search for hotels, gas stations, or other types of establishments or services, Google Maps will show you their current prices using the region that you have previously configured as a reference. And now that you know about this feature, you might be interested to know how to use YouTube Music in Google Maps navigation mode.