You can cancel your Spotify subscription and continue using the free version of the service. Spotify is one of the most popular subscription music streaming services so far. For a monthly fee, Spotify allows users to listen to their favorite songs ad-free on their computers and mobile devices.
But what if you try Spotify and then decide that it’s not right for you? Well, the solution is very simple. That is why today we want to tell you how to cancel your Spotify subscription and even close your account permanently just by following a few simple steps. Let us begin!
Cancel your Spotify subscription
First of all, the first thing you should know is that if you use Spotify Premium, you have the possibility to cancel your subscription, but you can also close your account permanently.
If you simply cancel your subscription but continue to use Spotify Free, you will still be able to stream all of your playlists and they will remain in your history as well. This is because the platform will save your playlists and your settings for three months, after canceling your Premium subscription, so you can continue as if nothing had happened.
You can upgrade to a Premium membership through your Spotify account after three months, but none of your prior settings will be preserved.
If, on the other hand, you decide to delete your Spotify account forever, things may change a bit, since you would lose all your information. This means that you would be losing all the playlists that you have downloaded for offline listening; that is, you will no longer be able to enjoy all that music that you have stored locally. It is also important that you know that you will lose your username, and keep in mind that if you have a student discount and decide to return to Spotify, you will not be able to apply it to another account until one year has passed since your first registration.
How to cancel your Spotify subscription?
To cancel your Spotify subscription, you will have to follow a series of steps that we will detail below: Log into your
- Select the Subscription option in the menu located on the left of your screen.
- Now, click on the Change or cancel button, which you will see just below your subscription type
- Select the Cancel Premium option.
- You will then be asked if you are sure you want to cancel your subscription.
- If you are determined to do it, select the Yes option, and you’re done.
You can still enjoy the benefits of your Premium subscription until the date of your next payment. At this point, you should no longer be charged for your subscription plan; However, you should know that if you cancel close to your usual billing date, it is possible that the payment has already been processed and, therefore, you can still see it reflected.
How to permanently delete your Spotify account
Once you have canceled your Spotify subscription, you can now also permanently delete your account. This is how to do it:
- Sign in to Spotify.
- Click on the Help section in the menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the search box, type “delete Spotify account” or “cancel the account.”
- In the drop-down menu that you will see, select the Close Account option.
- Now scroll down until you see the statement If I still want to continue, you can close your account here.
- Expand the Account menu.
- Select the option I want to close my Spotify account.
- Click on the option Close account.