Cast content from PC to TV with Chromecast: Step-by-step explanation.
It is increasingly common to see technological gadgets in homes, be it assistants such as Alexa, Google Home, light bulbs, and smart locks, among others. However, one of the most famous devices that can be seen, is the Chromecast.
Cast your computer screen to ChromecastCast content from PC to TV with Chromecast: Step-by-step explanation.
Since their release on the market, they have been a success in sales and it is due to their characteristics and operation. Through them, it is possible to send or share any type of information from your PC, laptop, or mobile directly to the TV.
Now, if you have just bought one and also want to get the most out of this device, this time we will show you how to send the computer screen to the TV with Chromecast in simple steps. Go for it!
How does Chromecast work on your TV?
As mentioned above, with this device it is possible to share information live from the computer, mobile devices, or laptops to your TV, regardless of whether it is not intelligent.
In this case, it will only be necessary for the TV to have an HDMI port since the Chromecast will be connected through the cable.
How does Chromecast work on your TV? pixabay
And if you wonder: what is the medium through which the Chromecast receives a signal? Well, it is necessary to have a WiFi network, where both the senders (the devices) and the receiver, which will be the Chromecast, are connected. In this way and through the WiFi network, you will be able to receive the signal successfully.
How to cast the screen from PC to Chromecast?
In order to do this, it is necessary to have the TV, the Chromecast, and the computer available, you must also have the Google Chrome browser with the latest version installed on it.
Once you have configured the Chromecast to your WiFi network, you must follow these steps to be able to share the screen with the TV.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click on the three dots vertically.
- It will display different options, click on “Send”.
- If it is connected perfectly the Chromecast will show the assigned name. Click on the “Fonts” option.
- This will display different options, select the one that says “Send desktop”.
- It will automatically show another window asking what screen will be sent to the Chromecast and if you want to share the sound from the computer. To finish, click on “Share”.
- By following each of these steps you will be able to send the computer screen to the TV using a Chromecast successfully.
Advantages of casting a Chrome tab on TV
The advantages of sending content from a computer to the TV with Chromecast are many, among them, we can highlight the following:
- No need for a cable.
- You can share the information while the TV is in another room.
- You can watch movies or play games on the big screen if you have a laptop or computer.
- Consume multimedia files.
- Files that I can share with the Chromecast from my computer
With Chromecast, you can not only share information, but you can also send files or different formats. This is quite beneficial especially if we want to share information in the middle of a conference, or exhibition or simply be able to view a file on the big screen in our homes.
Files you can share with the ChromecastFiles that you can share with the Chromecast from my computer pixels
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Drag the file as an image to the Google Chrome browser.
- Then click on the three-dot menu 0, located in the upper right.
- Press the “Send” option, then click on the “Chromecast name”.
- Ready, with this you will already be sharing any information that you drag to the explorer.
- The files supported by this gadget are the following:
Images: JPEG, JPG, PNG, SVG, WEBP, GIF.
Visual audio: MP3, WAV, MP4, WEBM.
Documents: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF.
You may also like | These are the 10 best apps for Chromecast
As you will see, casting the computer screen and sharing files to the TV with Chromecast is very easy and you will not need to download alternate apps to do it.
Without a doubt, it is a very useful and effective device that you cannot miss in your smart home. What are you waiting to have?